Continuing Education & Tuition Assistance Program
The NMC Tuition Assistance Program provides eligible employees with the opportunity to obtain, maintain, or improve their professional capabilities through participation in courses of study at accredited colleges and universities, and at accredited organizations specializing in job and career related training.
- All full-time employees who have been with the company for a minimum of one year are eligible for educational assistance.
- Must average at least 30 hours worked weekly in order to qualify for tuition reimbursement.
- Graduate courses must be directly related to an employee’s work or career growth within the Company.
- Undergraduate courses may provide credit toward a degree or diploma from an accredited institution.
- Each application for educational assistance must be approved before the quarter/semester begins.
- An employee will be reimbursed 100% of tuition, books and lab fees up to $5,250.00 per calendar year.
- Reimbursed tuition is applied towards the annual maximum in the calendar year in which it is paid to the employee.
- In order to receive reimbursement for 2nd semester classes before calendar year end, approved reimbursement must be received and processed before the payroll deadline for the last calendar year paycheck. Please check with the Human Resources Department for specific information regarding payroll deadlines for the last calendar year pay check.
- Employees must be actively employed at the time of tuition reimbursement payment.
- An employee will not be reimbursed for classes that are already covered under other financial assistance programs, such as veteran’s benefits, scholarships, and Pell Grants. (This exclusion does not include loans, which must be repaid to financial programs).
Please contact an NMC Human Resources Representative at 402-891-7575 or HR@nmc-corp.com for more information regarding enrollment and reimbursement.