NMC CAT PRODUCT LINK/VISION LINK
The combination of Cat Product Link hardware and Vision Link software results in a remote monitoring solution for your equipment that enables efficient and effective fleet management. Cat Product Link gives you timely, useful information about how your equipment is performing. The end result is superior fleet management that creates maximum efficiency and productivity and better control over your owning and operating costs.
Cat Product Link hardware has an easy-to-use interface, called VisionLink, which enables customized health and utilization reports, enhanced mapping and mixed-fleet capabilities. Product Link transmits the information via cell and satellite to enable better construction equipment management. The new Product Link hardware comes standard on most new Cat machines and connects customers directly to NMC’s Uptime Condition Monitoring service and support.
Older machines and other equipment can be retrofitted with Product Link. Typically, machines manufactured within the past 10 years have electronically controlled systems that enable use of a broader collection of Product Link features. Similar solutions are available for other makes of equipment or Cat machines with mechanical systems.
Product Link/Vision Link Benefits
Electronic data received through Vision Link provides real value. See specific solutions for different industries:
• Be alerted when a machine enters a township or city’s territory.
• Address residents’ questions as to when their road was graded/snow plowed.
• Monitor operator performance and location.
Feedlots/Power Plants/Ethanol Plants
• Track machine idle time.
• Calculate cycle counts/time.
• Evaluate fuel levels, fuel consumption, and burn rates.
• View Fluid Analysis results.
• Monitor machine diagnostics /events (fault codes).
• Create specific job site groups for each crew for easy and organized monitoring.
• Record/Track Maintenance.
• Monitor machine start/stop times (start of day, end of day, lunch, breaks, etc.).
• Be alerted via text or email when a machine leaves a job site.
Types of Product Link Hardware Solutions
• PL522 System (cellular based CAT DataLink system)
• PL421 System (cellular based SAE J1939 system)
• PL321 System (satellite based CAT DataLink system)
Disclaimer: Not all features listed above are available on every machine. Feature availability depends on the make, model, and age of the machine.
For more information contact your Product Support or Sales Representative. You may also contact the Equipment Management Solutions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.